I’m excited to announce that boards are back in stock, and I have also gotten a 3D printer up and running so I can offer cases as well! Price for case add-on is $5, at least initially, although I may increase it later depending on the effort required for upkeep.
Product Page Link: DacoTaco’s Bluetooth Passthrough Adapter V3
Eventually I plan to offer the cases individually, for anyone who purchased in the past and would like to add the case now. Price is TBD, but please feel free to add yourself to the wishlist here: 3D Printed Adapter Case
Rev B: Minor tweaks for better fit were made on interior. The bluetooth module has a little more open space on both sides. This ensures no pressure is put on the module, only on the main board. This is the version I’ve been shipping for the past year or so, I just forgot to get the STLs exported and uploaded (I tend to use STEPs myself).
Credits and Licensing: Original by Yodashut, modified by myself. Licensed under CC with Attribution (same as the original).
The case is heavily based on Yodashut’s original, which I have adjusted slightly:
1. Hole for button is more centered.
2. Additional support for board added near USB connector.
3. Bridge over BT board removed to simplify printing.
4. Solid areas (support cylinder and front blocks) have been hollowed out. No change in rigidity has been found in my testing.
5. Removed triangular ‘hooks’ on Bottom so the case would more consistently click together across numerous prints. This did not make any change to fit and finish. With these little finish bits left on, about half of my test prints would have the clips bulging out due to being unable to fully seat themselves.
6. Increased length of cutout for BT board in the bottom to avoid squishing on the connector side. Note this is length, not depth, so it isn’t any thinner.